Tuesday 13 October 2015

October Hits and Sh**s 2015



Here are  a few things that I've been loving this month!
Fashion
Asos Farleigh Slim Mom Jeans, these are a great pair to have. At £35 I think that's a reasonable price point and they exactly what I was looking for; structured yet soft and with some give to the material. Asos give you a great variety of sizes to choose from so anyone can wear these. I like to pair them with either ballet pumps, converse, or if I'm going out in the evening with 'barely there' heels. When paired with heels, I think they look quite cool and edgy.

Asos Midi Pencil Skirt, I love a good pencil skirt because without much effort, you can just throw it on, if you are running late and instantly look more polished, fashionable and chic. There are a great piece to have for work and play, as they transition with ease from day to night. I think I have about three or four of these in different colours and coming in at under £20, they're an absolute bargain!

Beauty
L'oreal Lumi Magique Foundation, I bought this foundation on a whim. I usually just use tinted moisturiser or MAC Face and Body foundation but I thought I'd give it a go. I think I may have gotten one shade darker than I am but I don't use a lot so when I mix it with my tinted moisturiser it evens out. I'm really glad that I bought this though, even on the first day of using it, my friend asked me how I had done my make up because I looked really glowy but all I had on was the foundation, a bit of concealer and Benefit Hoola Hoola. This comes in at around £11.00 and I definitely think it is worth the money and a great foundation.

Balm Balm Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm 60ml, cleansing balms are probably my favourite products and I have tried a fair few. I really love this product though; it smells and feels like a
luxurious spa product without the matching price tag. Coming in at around £15.00, this goes to show that you don't need to break the bank for good quality, organic beauty products.

Organic Surge Overnight Sensation Cream this low budget gem, coming in at under £11.00 has a nice thick texture. With pure Lavender oil and Aloe Vera it calms and relaxes the skin. I'm really enjoying using this in my evening routine, I just wish that it lived up to it's name Organic Surge and was more than 25% organic.

Indeed Lab's Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Serum , this in a old favourite but I've started using it again. I really love this product. It's great to carry around in your bag when your out and about or working in an air conditioned room. It just gives your skin a nice burst of hydration and for me, I find my skin feels more plump. I also use this before i put on moisturiser. At around £25, it is a bit pricey but Boots always have 3 for 2 offers, or a 1/3 off, so I tend to stock up then.

The Body Shop Facial Massager, I love using this after my first cleanse to begin a facial massage. It's great to use while you're watching the t.v or stuck in a traffic jam! A definite hit this month at £6.00!


Body
Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub, I love starting the day with this in the shower. The scrub is great because it's not too rough to the skin but has just enough grit to exfoliate and leave your skin feeling silky and smooth. The scent is out of this world. It smells like a cookie. What a delicious way to start the day.

Soap and Glory's Rich and Foamous Body Wash, this is a dual product, so you can use it in the shower and the bath. The use of sweet almond oil and honey is so evident in the scent; it is so sweet and the smell is just amazing. The texture of the body wash is creamy but still lathers really well. I love using this.

Miscellaneous

Jacob's Crackers Thai Sweet Chili, I'm not a massive fan of crackers but this month I ordered a few bits from asos.com and I got two samples with the package. I am so glad that I got these sent to me because I would never have tried them otherwise but to day these are good, is an understatement. They are absolutely delicious! A great snack for anytime of the day or night!!

Taylors' Green tea & Sweet Mint, I swear this tea is giving me life! I love mint tea on a serious level, I'm reaching addiction territory! I usually like organic peppermint tea but I got this tea on a whim and it is honestly, one of the best teas I have ever had!!

Green & Black's Organic Mint Dark Chocolate 60% Cocoa I love a bit of dark chocolate and I didn't realise that Green and Black's did some with peppermint oil, the result is immense. Perfect with a cup of mint tea!

Midwinter of The Spirit, this was a four part television series that is still available on SKY+ or the itvplayer. It's about a woman who is a vicar at a new diocese and she has to become a deliverance minister, which is what they call people who are qualified to perform exorcisms, so natural, all hell breaks loose! There are really great moments of suspense and drama in this piece, It is great if you enjoy scary/creepy films and want to get ready for Halloween.

Doctor Foster is another t.v series that I have been loving which is rare for me! This was on BBC 1 and is available on SKY and iplayer. It is about a woman who is 'Doctor Foster' and her life begins to fall apart, as she tries to get control of her life back, she goes to some, at times, crazy lengths to protect herself and her son. If I could some this piece up in one phrase it would be 'Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned.' This is definitely a must see, in fact one of my friends watched the whole series on the Sunday just gone, which goes to show, how crippling it is!

This is the last of the t.v series that I will mention but This is England 90 had to make an appearance in my favourites! This is I think the third series of a spin-off project, of the original film This is England '80; this film and mini series follows a group of young people through a whole decade and explores how politics impacts all margins of society and pop culture. I would seriously recommend that if you haven't already watched the film or any of the series, that from the beginning. The cast have such an amazing connection and natural flow, especially considering most of their scenes have an outline b they are improvised. Shane Meadows the director/creator is a master at creating a conscious piece of drama that truthfully depicts the life of young, working class people growing up in    Midlands; he has the amazing ability to show the humour and horror of human beings so seamlessly, which is incredibly rare!

Sh**s

My one and only sh*t this month is that! for some reason Netflix.com have deleted all of the episodes of The Office (US). Considering that there are so many other appalling rubbish that they have on Netflix, I'm surprised that they deleted this instead of anything else. I am deeply upset. The office is so funny and Steve Carell made it everything and created the most genius character in Michael Scott, a loveable idiot! I'm really going to miss it; can anyone recommend a funny series on Netflix to replace it?



















No comments:

Post a Comment